Sunday 19 May 2013

Saturday Night Girls (barefoot edition!)


I’ve been thinking about the image I got of the girl walking home earlier this week and realised that I was quite turned on by the idea of women being barefoot in the town.  Not to the extent that I wanted to clean their feet or suck on their toes whilst they were dirty - I’m not an idiot - but just the sense of it, the beauty of it, the freedom.

Part of an exercise we were set at the Photography Group was to shoot some night pictures.  I teamed up with my friend from the group Nick and, over a quick pint, we decided to do a session in the city centre.

It was a great idea, plenty of activity (we chose to go on Saturday night), lots of faces to capture, lights and - of course - scantily clad ladies.  Even better, I saw that a lot of them were barefoot.

Anyway, this is a selection of the ones I took, which I think best exemplify the tone of this blog.  I hope you enjoy them!


 There must have been a party somewhere, a lot of girls were dressed like St Trinians!  The key image for me here though is the lucky bastard by the doorway, getting to give the girl a foot massage.

 She looks lovely, doesn't she?

 Sore feet, ready for home.

 Heading home

 Ladies after a successful night out.  I love the one on the right, that drunken pout she has.  Beautiful.

Striding along, perfectly at ease.  The guy fiddling with his phone doesn't know what he's missing!

No comments:

Post a Comment