Monday 17 July 2017

Cosplay at Comic Con (lovely!)

My old friend Mick rang me on Friday night, to see if I was free today - he had a spare ticket to the MCM Comic Con event at the NEC in Birmingham and since that's less than an hour from my place, he wondered if I wanted to go.  Now I'm a fan of films, I love Star Wars and ever since The X Files, I've had a special place in my heart for sci-fi females - so I agreed to go.

I had a great time, we saw a few demonstrations, went to a couple of panels, saw some glamour models and bought some stuff that I hadn't seen since my childhood.  Even better, I saw a lot of very attractive young ladies indulging in cosplay.  Now if you'd asked me before today what that was, I'd have have said it came from Ann Summers but this is people (male and female) dressing as their favourite film characters.  In the case of the girls, it also seems to mean baring as much flesh as possible.

I noticed lots of people taking photographs (some men had very expensive cameras at the ready ;-) and was informed that it was fine to take pictures.  Of course, that's brilliant and my only complaint is that I didn't know it would be like that, so I didn't take my Nikon.  Instead, all of these were captured on my Smartphone, hence the poorer image resolution.

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment